Is there magic to what makes some relationships last longer than others? Maybe some people just sit back and sulk, while others seem to let life go by right over their heads and problems? It sure seems so. Or maybe it’s just that some people learn secrets of success from their grandparents or other relatives or friends.
1. REFRESH: Take time to look back, refresh your memories and share what brought you together. Especially when times are difficult, lean back and rely on these old memories as your foundation and glue you back together with them (not literally, of course!)
2. DATES: Keep dating each other. Even if life seems too busy, meet at the end of the evening for something light and easy, like viewing your favourite sitcom together or playing a game.
3. FUN: Couple tends to have fun on dates, then get married and be too serious, lighten up, head to Yahoo Games and join in any number of card or other games or head to a local rental shop and rent an Xbox or other game player and some games.
4. FORGET: No need to always remember the bad things that happened during an argument. Actively forget sometimes. Be the first to apologize and makeup. Go for it!
5. SPACE: Give each other some space. Either you trust or you don’t. Get on with life, though. People need time alone and time with their mates and other friends. Be sure to give and take your fair share of space.
6. DISAGREE: Agree that it’s okay to disagree on some issues, and leave it at that. No need to create a new religion or political movement just to appease both of you. You don’t HAVE to agree on everything. And you won’t and that’s okay.
7. MEMORIES: Make some together. Enjoy special moments, special anniversary dates and events. No need to be elaborate. For example, maybe you enjoyed watching a hot air balloon race one spring day. The next year, you might schedule a time to watch it again. Make it an annual event. Collect postcards with balloons on them, playing cards, toss pillows over time it becomes a theme.
So don’t just sit back and sulk. Take short steps to improve your relationships and let life’s problems magically pass by while you hold on to your relationship.
Improving relationships require knowing what to do and how to do it. If you follow some tried and true tips, it is possible you can also improve your relationships.