Sugar waxing is a process that can be used quite beneficially for hair removal. If you are someone that has used waxing in the past, consider using sugar to make your home made wax. In the process, the wax is replaced with a sugar and honey mixture. It is sticky and works very much like that of normal waxing. And, it can produce the same results. But, it is organic in nature and it has the ability to give you an easier clean up too. Sugaring is a process of extracting hair from the follicle.
Although sugar waxing is a messy process the results of doing it can last upwards of two to six weeks. You can use it throughout the body since it is a natural product and you can see results. Many people find it most beneficial to the bikini line as well as to the upper part of their body. When the hair is removed, it will grow back, but, many people have found that it will grow back at a much lighter and finer way and it will not be as thick as it use to be.
What To Use Heres what you should use:
Heres what you should use:
– One Cup Sugar
– Juice from half of a lemon
– One-fourth cup of honey
Mix these well and then microwave on high speed for about two to three minutes. You are looking for a smooth consistency. Leave the bowl standing for several minutes to cool to a safe temperature.
Now, you will need to get some white cotton cloth in strips (or use store bought waxing papers) as well as wooden tongue depressors to apply the mixture.
Heres what to do:
– Clean skin and make sure that it is completely dry. No soap or body lotions should be used.
– Apply cornstarch to the area. This will draw out the oils that are within your skin making the procedure work even better.
– Use the tongue depressor to apply a thin layer of the mixture over the area that you will want the hair removed from.
– Cover the area with a cloth strip. Rub the strip so that it is firmly in place. Do this with moderate pressure and in the opposite direction of the hairs growth.
– Grab the end of the strip and pull it back quickly in the opposite direction of the hairs growth.
– Wash the area with water to remove the sugar mixture.
Like waxing, the area may be sensitive and red for a few minutes but this is a temporary situation. You will find it to be one that you can deal with if you want great looking hair removal at a very low cost. Hair sugaring is a procedure that can be done within a few minutes and can be repeated as necessary.