Candida is a yeast infection, which is caused by fungi, called “Candida Albicans”. When there is an over-production of this type of fungus in the body, it leads to various symptoms, such as vaginitis, fatigue, digestive problems, arthritis and several other issues. It can affect different parts of the body, like mouth, tongue, stomach, skin, throat, kidney, bladder and vagina. Candida generally affects people with weak immune system.
The good news is candidiasis, in its early stages, may not necessarily mean a trip to the doctor where you would incur expensive fees and medical bills. For the most part, home remedies have proven quite effective in combating the effects of candidiasis. The key is to administer these remedies early.
Skin infection in places, like under or between breasts, toes and fingers
Infection around nails
Cracking around the mouth
Rashes on the body
Kidney or bladder infections
For oral thrush:Tea tree oil mouthwash: mix a few drops of tea tree oil (approximately 5 to 8 drops) into a glass of either warm or cold water. Gargle the mixture for about a minute. Let the solution touch all the parts of the mouth (throat, palate, cheek lining). Be careful not to swallow the solution. Gargle two times a day (preferably one in the morning and one before sleeping).
Apple cider vinegar: Mix two (2) teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to one (1) cup cool water. Gargle with solution. Do not swallow. After gargling, dip a cotton swab in undiluted apple cider vinegar and apply directly on to the oral sores. Do not rinse. Allow to stand overnight.
For vaginal yeast infection:
Add a few drops of tea tree oil onto a tampon or sterile gauze and apply on to the affected area. Replace every 4 to 6 hours.
Plain yoghurt: make sure it has absolutely no sugar and other ingredients added to it. The yogurt should contain live lactobacillus acidophilus, which are good bacteria that keep candida albicans in check.
Dip tampon in the yoghurt and insert into the vagina. Use twice a day until the symptoms clear up and repeat for one more extra day for good measure.
Create a douching solution of one (1) tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and two (2) cups of water. Add one (1) garlic clove and allow the solution to stand for two hours before using for douching.
For skin problems.
Apply yoghurt directly on the affected area. Not only will the yoghurt address the fungal infection, but also the yogurt will lend a soothing effect and relieve severe itching Let the yogurt stand for an hour or so and wash off well. Keep affected area dry. Apply two to three times a day.
Candida seems to thrive on high-sugar diets. So in order to “starve” the fungi, go on a low-to-no sugar diet, using sugar alternatives at best.
– Don’t douche or clean inside the vagina. Do not use vaginal deodorants or perfumed soaps when washing the external area. You can strip the body of the natural elements that keep the fungus in check. At best, use plain water or a mild, pH-balanced cleanser.
– Avoid tight clothes (including underwear), especially ones made of nylon. These prevent proper aeration (breathing) of the skin. It encourages moisture to form in the body, which is prime breeding ground for fungi.
– Drink plenty of water to keep the body cool and to flush out toxins out of your body.
– Have a good number of servings of bananas, yoghurt, and garlic. These foods have been found to have lots of anti-fungal properties and if part of your regular diet, the chances of avoiding candidiasis are great.
– Do not skip meals and avoid keeping your stomach empty for long periods of time. You wreak havoc on a body that functions best when working on routine time. Having irregular eating habits have been observed to increase the chances of candida overgrowth.
The key to all of these home remedies is early and quick detection. So in order to administer the right remedy, learn to recognise the symptoms.
However, should you be unsure of the indicators, always consult with a qualified and licensed medical professional. Listen to their advice and pair them with these home remedies. You just may be a step closer to getting rid, if not totally avoiding, candidiasis and its nasty effects.
I hope you enjoyed this post? please don’t forget to Subscribe to get updates from us and exclusive tips only for our subscribers, comment, and share to your loved ones.
I would love to hear your view on this topic, kindly use the comment box.
Lots of love